(email sent on Monday 9/6/2021 to all emails in GotSport)
Schedule is POSTED - read this email in its entirety please
Good Evening PBSL family,
As some of you have already noticed PBSL Early/Fall Season Schedule is posted on our website and in your GotSport accounts. There are a number of items that you have to accomplish, and some of them are time-sensitive. If this email is confusing, or you think that it does not pertain to you please contact your Club's Administrators, do not contact the League.
- Club Reps - visit this page and look at your club's page to verify all important Club Contacts are listed and accurate - https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/4512/clubs (you can fix these under users in your GotSport account)
- Club Reps - on the same link, check that all your PBSL game fields are listed and correct (you can fix those under Venues in your GotSport admin account)
- Club Reps - make sure all you declared teams are listed and that you did not miss any, if we can add a team we will, but at this time it is too late to withdraw a team without a $150 penalty
- Club Reps, Coaches, and Managers - visit our website www.palmbeachsl.com to check updated Rules and Regulations and Listing of Suspensions and Fines - DO NOT PLAY A KID, OR COACH A GAME BEFORE YOUR FINES AND SUSPENSIONS ARE SATISFIED!!!
- Club Reps, Coaches, Managers, and Referee Assignors - if you missed our Mandatory Meeting - here is the SlideShow LINK
- ALL - visit our ever-growing DOCS Section for helpful information, including GotSport articles that will come in handy
- Club Reps and Team Managers - you can pay your Team Declaration fees by PayPal online HERE, or mail a check.
If you need a PayPal invoice for all of your Club's Teams please send a detailed request to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org - THANKS
And NOW for the Schedules
- First of all apologies, but the new GotSport's Automatic Scheduler is not working and you will have to SELF-SCHEDULE your home games (just like your EDP games)
- CLUB SELF SCHEDULING INFO: https://gotsport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053207374-Club-Self-Scheduling
- The schedule is on palmbeachsl.com or here: https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/4512
- THE FIRST PRIORITY is to either confirm or move the games for the upcoming weekend 9/11 and 9/12
- Our goal was 6-8 games + playoffs
- The playoffs will be on the weekend of 11/20/2021
- ALL-SEASON GAMES MUST BE COMPLETED BY SUNDAY 11/14/2021
- For most divisions, there are plenty of open weekends, but if you are in one of the age groups with lots of games or an odd number of teams and have a bye on some weekends, please do not delay your games or you will have to play double-headers and back-to-back games
- you can safely bet that there will be rainouts and COVID-19 cancelations and we need to leave some weekends open for those reschedules as well
- AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED, PBSL LEAGUE GAMES TAKE PRECEDENT OVER ANY TOURNAMENTS OR OTHER LEAGUES' GAMES
- FREE WEEK of home game changes will end on SUNDAY 9/12/2021, after that you will have to get every change approved by the opponent.
- this week you can drag your home games to any date/time/field
- after you are done with your initial schedule it is a good practice to check for any teams with 2 games on the same day
- if you notice another club lagging in scheduling their games, reach out to them, and let's get those games on actual fields and times
- if you need us to swap your home game to the opponent's field - the current HOME TEAM should reach out to email@example.com
- all communication should be through GotSport CHAT FUNCTION - https://gotsport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500000495702-How-to-Use-the-Team-Chat-Function-with-GotSport
- the current version of GotSport lacks all contact information for the opposing teams, USE CHAT FUNCTION!!!
- IMPORTANT - if you are an experienced Team Manager/Coach please note that the current version of GotSport also lacks the GAME CHANGE REQUEST functionality we have used for years in GotSoccer to request/approve/decline changes
- as a workaround, we have implemented our own form which SHOULD BE USED ONLY AFTER the two opponents have agreed to the game change using TEAM CHAT FUNCTION
- any requests not agreed upon will be ignored, it is ultimately the home team's responsibility to play their home games, please be proactive!!!
- The PBSL Game Change Agreement Form can be found on our website under the Schedule menu dropdown, or here
- WE KNOW SECTION:
- We know that the new GotSport sucks!
- We know things are not working!
- We know that it's impossible to get any quick help from GotSport or FYSA!
- But, we also know that our kids want to play the games and that we owe it to them to make that happen!
- If you have chosen not to attend any of the GotSport webinars, or to watch any youtube videos of the GotSport webinars, or come to any in-person GotSport webinars
- If you missed both of our two (2) PBSL organized training sessions with GotSport employees
- And, if you have not done your part to be ready for the season, it is on you to find the way to make your schedule, rosters, player passes, and referee assigning work in order to allow the kids to play the beautiful game we all love.
On behalf of the PBSL Volunteer Board of Directors, we wish you all a great season and see you all on the pitch.
|President -||Shenoy Raghurajfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer -||Patrick Kennedyemail@example.com|
|Secretary -||Delia Calzadafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Rules and Regulations -||Tom Tianichemail@example.com|
|VP Referees -||Michael Smallfirstname.lastname@example.org|